QPG Clubs and QPG Football Compaints Policy 2022
Queen's Park Gardens, Ilbert Street, London, W10 4QJ
T: 020 8616 2170
QPG Clubs and QPG Football staff work in partnership with parents and schools to meet the needs of the children, both individually and as a group.
Information is shared with those on a need to know basis, but always where possible with parents. The aim of this document is to clarify the preferred procedure that any complainant should take to have their concern dealt with promptly and appropriately.
Any complaint regarding any aspect of the QPG Clubs and QPG Football’s service should be made in writing to the Head Office within 14 days of the incident/attending date of the child.
The details of the concern, incident or allegation should be as full as possible to allow a comprehensive investigation to be carried out.
Depending on the severity of a complaint, this may be dealt with directly by the QPG Clubs and QPG Football’s Designated Safeguarding Lead, Connor Eldrett.
If the complaint is about the manager, a member of the leadership team, this will be dealt with by the Head of QPG Clubs and QPG Football, or another senior team member.
All complaints will be acknowledged within 24 working hours even if it is just to inform the complainant that we are investigating the matter and will get back to them as soon as is practicable.
Any complaints received by QPG Clubs and QPG Football staff members will be recorded on an Incident Log and reported to the Designated Safeguarding Lead, and logged on our Complaints system. All complaints will be dealt with in the following manner:
Complaints about aspects of club activity:
● The Manager will discuss the matter informally with the parent or carer concerned and aim to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Complaints about an individual staff member:
● If appropriate, we will encourage the parent to discuss the matter with staff concerned.
● If the parent feels that this is not appropriate, the matter will be discussed with the Manager or head office if it’s about the manger. We will then discuss the complaint with the individual concerned and try to reach a satisfactory resolution.
If it is impossible to reach a satisfactory resolution to the complaint through informal discussion, the parent or carer should put their complaint in writing to QPG Clubs and QPG Football Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Leadership Team will then:
● Acknowledge receipt of the letter within 7 days and investigate the matter within 28 days
● Send a full response in writing, to all relevant parties, including details of any recommended changes to be made to the hub’s practices or policies as a result of the complaint. A Complaint Form will be completed to include details of action taken, timeline of events and for the parent to express how well the complaint was dealt with.
● Meet relevant parties to discuss the QPG Clubs and QPG Football’s response to the complaint, either together or on an individual basis.
If child protection issues are raised, the Headteacher, Leadership Team, or the Hub Manager will refer the situation to the organisations safeguarding lead, who will follow the procedures of the Safeguarding Policy.
If a criminal act may have been committed, the Police will be contacted.
Making a complaint to Ofsted
Any parent or carer can submit a complaint to Ofsted about QPG Clubs and QPG Football at any time.
Ofsted will consider and investigate all complaints.
Ofsted’s address is: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD Telephone: 0300 123 1231 (general enquiries) 0300 123 4666 (complaints) Contacts for Safeguarding: Westminster
Consultation and Advice about a child/young person resident in the City of Westminster
To report a concern about a child or young person in Westminster please contact:
Westminster Access Team – Tel: 020 7641 4000
(Out of hours – 020 7641 6000)
For case consultations or follow-up enquiries please contact the Duty Child Protection Adviser in the first instance on 020 7641 7668.
Child Protection Adviser
Telephone: 020 7641 4199
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org John Griffin
Child Protection Adviser
Telephone: 020 7641 1615
Email: email@example.com Gabby Bernard
Child Protection Adviser
Telephone: 020 7641 4003
For LADO consultations and referrals please contact the duty Child Protection Adviser on:
Telephone: 020 7641 7668
If you cannot reach a duty CP Adviser you can reach:
Safer Organisations Manager & Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) RBKC and WestminsterRoyal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea / City of Westminster
Tel : 07870481712
Safeguarding Lead for Schools and Education Telephone: 020 7598 4876
Mobile: 07817 365 519
Tri-borough Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Tri-Borough MASH Business Support Officer
Telephone: 020 7641 3991
Bi-Borough Admissions and Access to Education (Children Missing Education, Child Employment and Elective Home Education enquiries)
Bi-Borough Head of Admissions and Access to Education Telephone: 020 7745 6440
In an emergency always call the police on 999, or for non-emergencies call 111